You can contribute to the project in a number of ways. Code is always good, bugs are interesting but tests make your famous!
Bug reports or feature enhancements that include a test are given preferential treatment. So instead of voting for an issue, write a test.
- Fork the repository on Bitbucket .
- Make a virtualenv, clone the repos, install the deps from pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
- Write any new tests needed and ensure existing tests continue to pass without modification.
- Setup CI testing on drone.io for your Fork. See current script .
- Some tests can not be run against the public SFTP server, as it is read-only, to run tests that put or modify, you will need to setup an ssh daemon on your local machine and create a user: test with password of test1357 – Tests that can only be run locally are skipped using the @skip_if_ci decorator
We use sphinx to build the docs. make html is your friend, see docstrings for details on params, etc.